Effective Date: November 15, 2015
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
We may use your personal or account information for the following purposes:
• to process and fulfill your order(s), including without limitation to send you emails with respect to your order and/or to confirm your order status and shipment;
• to process product returns or exchanges;
• to create, manage and control your account information;
• to administer and fulfill contests, loyalty programs, and other promotions and programs in which you participate;
• to help us address problems with and improve the Site, and/or our products and services;
• to enhance your shopping experience or to help us learn more about your shopping preferences;
• to request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
• to notify you about important changes to our Site;
• for our internal business purposes, such as to analyze trends and statistics, for audits, to develop new products, to enhance our websites, to improve our services, to identify usage trends and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
• to protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business;
• to contact you if necessary regarding your transactions with us, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or for other administrative purposes;
• to respond to your requests for customer service;
• in an emergency situation to protect your personal safety or that of site visitors or any third party;
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of ABS' assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation involving the transfer of all or part of the business assets of ABS;
• with your consent when required, to communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with such communications; or
• as required or authorized by law.
If you place an order through the Site, we may share your personal information with certain service providers, including without limitation outside shipping companies, vendors, consultants and credit card or payment processing companies ("Service Providers"), in order to bill and ship your order, but we do not provide any more information than is necessary for these purposes. When we engage Service Providers who manage customer information on our behalf and/or perform services on our behalf, such as conducting surveys, sending communications or helping prevent fraudulent transactions, we may share your personal information with such Service Providers under the requirement that such personal information is used only to provide services to us.
We are not responsible for the actions of any independent third parties you may choose to engage with directly, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties.
We strive to ensure that any personal information we retain and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which we will use it. If our records regarding your personal information are inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend that information at your request.
We may also use your personal information and Site usage statistics to generate aggregated data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. “Aggregated data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying customers or users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in aggregated data.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
Our web presence includes integrated plug-ins of the social network "Facebook" (http://www.facebook.com, Facebook Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California, 94025, USA and/or http://de-de.facebook.com, Facebook Ireland Limited, Hanover Reach, 5-7 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2 Ireland). Facebook plug-ins are identifiable by the Facebook logo and/or by the so-called "Like" button on our website.
When you visit our website, a direct connection between your browser and a Facebook server is established via the plug-in, whereby Facebook will receive the information that you have visited our web presence with your IP address. If you click on the Facebook "Like" button while you are logged into your account at Facebook, you will be enabled to link content of our website in your Facebook timeline or your Facebook profile. Thus, Facebook will be able to associate and/or connect your visit to our website with your Facebook account.
You can find an overview of the Facebook plug-ins here: here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/. We point out that we as the providers of this web presence will not receive any information on the content of the transmitted data and their utilization by Facebook.
Further information can, however, be found in the Facebook Data Privacy Statement at http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php .If you do not want such a linkage of your visits to our website with your account on Facebook, kindly log out from your Facebook account beforehand
In the event of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will continue to enhance security procedures as new technologies and procedures become available.
We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your account information, including your password, to anyone.
Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Site. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification, passwords and/or any personal information in your possession for the use of the Site. Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Site. Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any personal information or other information which you receive from other users through the Site, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any personal information or other information which you may receive using the Site. We cannot guarantee, or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the personal information or other information provided by any third party. You release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such personal information or other information of others.
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing [insert relevant ABS email address]. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails.
ABS Avalanche Rescue Devices Inc.
#9 - 5352-273A Street
V4W 0A9 Langley
Phone: +1 604 626-0229
Fax: +1 604 626-4711